Membership Application Form
Step 1 of 3
Join MROO today and take advantage of the benefits of belonging to an organization that represents your interests as an OMERS pensioner.
Why join MROO?
- You will have access to a growing list of programs and services geared to members needs and interests. Services that help you save money.
- You will be informed about important issues that matter to you in retirement. Information you can use.
- You will be part of a unique group. MROO is the only organization speaking on behalf of OMERS retirees, working to ensure you have a better retirement.
Who can join MROO?
Membership is open to OMERS pension holders, retired or soon-to-be retired, including:
- Children’s Aid Societies
- Conservation Authorities
- Fire Departments
- Health Units
- Hydro Commissions
- Municipal Police Services
- Public Libraries
- School Boards (non-teaching positions)
What does it cost to join?
A one-time fee of $25.00 for a lifetime membership!
Life Member: Already retired? Join now as a Life Member. If you list your spouse/partner on the enrollment, he/she is included as an “Associate” member at no charge. Should you predecease your spouse or partner, he/she remains a MROO member for life.
Associate Member: Not yet retired? You don’t have to wait—you can enroll now as an Associate Member and take advantage of MROO programs, services, and discounts. After you retire, you become a life member. Associate members may not vote or hold office.
How to apply
Step 1: Please complete the application form below to apply for membership with the Municipal Retirees Organization Ontario. Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk.
Step 2: After clicking “Submit,” you’ll see the PayPal payment window. You do not need a PayPal account to use this payment system. PayPal accepts the following credit cards: American Express, VISA or Master Card. PayPal will automatically email a receipt for your payment to the email address you provide during the transaction. All online applications MUST include payment.
Step 3: After completing your payment using PayPal, you’ll automatically return to the MROO website, where you will find a confirmation page you can print for your records. You will also receive a confirmation by email.